A secret affair…an unspoken love…the change of a lifetime.
Andrew Ellis is a winger on a failing hockey team and sees an opportunity for change in the upcoming expansion draft. Through that, he believes he can escape his ex-wife and the painful memories of their daughter’s death from cancer. Not to mention the secret he’s been hiding—his year-long affair with his team’s equipment manager. He’s afraid his career will suffer if anyone finds out. Will Andrew find the courage to acknowledge he’s gay and admit his feelings for Dylan Murphy before it’s too late?
Coming soon from The Wild Rose Press.
I’ve been absent here for a while; there are reasons, and I’ll get into those in a later post. For now, have a look at the cover of my m/m novelette “The Long Change,” coming September 1 from The Wild Rose Press.
In the meantime, if you’d like to support my other creative endeavors, you can buy my artwork and handmade journals through my new Zibbet store.
Sooner than I expected! I don’t have a release date yet beyond sometime in February, but here’s the cover and blurb. Keep up to date at After Glows Publishing, or join the After Glows Readers’ Group on Facebook.
Jon, a psychic since childhood, has never felt at home in the world, even less so after his lover died on Winter Solstice a year ago. Since his abilities failed him when he needed them most, he turns to alcohol and rejects his family’s assertion that he is a Star Child—an alien/human hybrid. When Jon’s sister suggests he should look into the legend of Handsome Fellow, Jon decides that if he cannot find happiness himself, he will bring it to others.
Erukkass’ people, a species of inter-dimensional aliens, have been observing Earth and interacting with humans for so many centuries that some Native American tribes believe their ancestors originated from the stars. After his lover passed away in what appears to be a medical accident, he accepts a scientific mission… but not for the reasons his government expects. He has located his beloved on another timeline, in another universe—ours—and he will not leave without him.
Jon returns home from work one evening to find a gift of his own—a strange young man waiting for him. Erukkass unveils one stunning revelation after another, including the truth behind his lover’s death and the nature of time itself. Can he and Jon forge a future together, or will two timelines that have always intersected, no matter when or where, finally be forced to diverge?
Apologies for being utterly terrible at updating this blog with real posts lately. This year is going to be my busiest yet, so I thought I’d do a quick round-up of what’s coming in the next nine months. I hope you’re as excited as I am!
1. What’s Left of Me (The Firebird Trilogy #2): Officially in production. Release date is July 26!
2. Beautiful Things: Now that I have the rights back since the original publisher went kaput at the end of 2015, I’m releasing a second edition. This one will be revised and expanded, so if you were wishing for more of Mitzi and Wolfrik, you’re going to get it! I’m aiming to have this out sometime around the end of June. Doubly excited about this one because a dear friend and fantastic artist is doing the new cover. More details soon!
3. No One on Earth: This is a m/m sci-fi romance novella I’m writing for After Glows Publishing’s winter holiday anthology. First draft is done!
4. “The Wind Whispers ‘Witiko'”: OK, so I spent YEARS trying to sell this story, and at WHC 2015 in Atlanta, I was fortunate enough for one of Black Mirror Press’s co-owners to sit beside me. We struck up a conversation, exchanged info, and a few months later I was invited to submit to their first anthology, Snowpocalypse. My wendigo story finally sees the light of day!
5. Prison Made of Mirrors: My novella-length dark fantasy retelling of Snow White, with Vikings and werewolves, releases from Vagabondage Press later this year.
Things Not So Set in Stone:
Upcoming projects include the final book in The Firebird Trilogy (as-yet untitled, but I’ll be starting work on it within the next few days), the paranormal romance I’ve started three or four times now and finally figured out where I want to go with it, and a romance short story for a project I can’t talk about yet. I’ve also finished a vampire short story that I’ll be submitting for anthology consideration. Other things possibly happening this year if I have time: a m/m shifter romance novella and a holiday hockey romance novella.
I think that’s everything!
In the desert city, Al-Timini, humans and Mystics—magical beings—coexist peacefully…until humans begin to disappear. Suspecting evil in their own kind, Mystic detectives hire Ilyas Bashour, a lonely human scholar, hoping his keen mind can uncover answers where their own efforts have failed.
Namir is a jinni living in the city’s ancient library. Abused and degraded by his former master, he has abandoned hope of finding another who is kind and trustworthy—until Ilyas discovers him. To Namir’s surprise, his reluctant new master treats him as an equal. Soon their relationship takes on a sexual dimension. And not just that; the two begin falling in love.
Their combined talents are desperately needed when the Mystics are also threatened, but their growing passion may endanger everyone. Including themselves.
B. Leslie Tirrell became a writer in the third grade, when her teacher penalized the class and made them finish a story in their spelling book. She fell in love with writing that day and never stopped. After attempts at becoming a biologist and peon for The Man, B. Leslie returned to her true vocation of writing and earned her MFA in Writing Popular Fiction from Seton Hill University in June of 2014. She lives in Toledo, Ohio. When she isn’t writing, she enjoys cosplay, yaoi, body modifications, being asexual, and being a crazy cat lady.
Buy now from Loose Id or Amazon.