It has been brought to my attention that I suck at updating this blog. Honestly, I’ve been pretty busy for the past couple of months, and the last month in particular. So here’s a quick recap of everything that’s been going on since my last post.
1. I took over the “Doctor Who Project” column at HorrorNews. Whether I’ll still have time to maintain “Creature Profiles” is up for debate–and I haven’t written one of those in quite some time to begin with.
2. I interviewed for and was offered an internship at In Bliss here in Philadelphia. I just completed my 4th week and have about 8 weeks to go. I get to write content for their eZine, edit website content, and generally learn more about weddings than I ever anticipated. I am also master of their Spotify account, owing to my past as a DJ.
3. After completing my first day of the internship, I phone interviewed with Red Adept Publishing and landed a job as a line editor. I’m already on my second book, and my schedule is full for the foreseeable future. Which is good, because I’m getting paid to do something I love.
4. Waiting on submissions to Cemetery Dance, Tor.com, Samhain, Namel3ss, and DarkFuse. Hoping for good news. I’ve got two more stories needing to be typed up (yes, I still write most of my stuff long-hand), and I’ve started a new novella. Another novella is in need of revisions, and I’ve had a few false starts with my next novel, which is currently on the back burner until my internship is over and until I can figure out which book I’m actually trying to write.
5. I’m taking several classes through Coursera, since I can’t seem to break away from school just yet. Currently I’m enrolled in Online Games: Literature, New Media, and Narrative. Next month I start Epidemics – the Dynamics of Infectious Diseases and Plagues, Witches, and War: The Worlds of Historical Fiction. It’s all free, and it’s a great opportunity to take classes not offered at your particular school.
I think that covers everything for now. I’ll try to update more often, I promise.